It is the purpose of the official Town of Thurston Web site, townofthurstonny.org, to provide accurate, non-editorial content and Town of Thurston municipal government. When/where appropriate, the Web site will be used to facilitate the delivery of direct services provided by the Town of Thurston municipal government to its citizens and visitors. All Town of Thurston municipal government offices, departments, agencies, governing bodies, boards, and commissions are eligible to submit content or request the posting or hypertext linking to appropriate information to support their mission or service initiatives. Unless sponsored by an eligible user (as defined above), other individuals or groups are not eligible. All Internet posting requests must come from an eligible user. The Town Clerk, a is the public point of contact for all concerns regarding the Town’s Web presence. Comments about this site are welcome from any source and are always greatly appreciated.
The Town of Thurston utilizes information technology systems to provide its citizens with vital services. As reliance on the information created and stored by these systems increases, so does the Town’s responsibility to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of its computing infrastructure and its associated data.
When you visit townofthurstonny.org, we may store some or all of the following: the Internet address from which you accessed our site, date and time, the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to townofthurstonny.org, the name of the file or words you searched, items clicked on a page, and the browser and operating system used.
This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various sections of our site and identify system performance or problem areas. We also use this information to help us develop the site, analyze patterns of usage, and to make the site more useful.
This information is not used for associating search terms or patterns of site navigation with individual users.
The security of the information you provide to the Town of Thurston is important to us. However, the Town of Thurston site includes links to other sites, and when you choose to visit those sites, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or how user information is utilized. In addition, we may permit third parties to offer registration-based services through our site. We are not responsible for the actions and policies of these third parties, and encourage individuals to review the privacy policies of these parties when supplying personally identifiable information to them.
External links may be made to Web sites that meet the following criteria, as determined by the Webmaster:
· Sites that are owned and managed by a state, local or federal governmental agency or local school board.
· Sites that are maintained by an organization that receives direct financial support from the Town
· Sites that have a direct contractual relationship with the Town for the provision of goods and/or services.
· Sites that provide a unique online resource that will assist in the provision of services and/or information that compliment the purpose of the Town’s Web presence as outlined above.
External links will not be made to sites that fall within any of the following criteria, as determined by the Webmaster:
· Sites that are owned or managed by a political party, candidate or special interest group or are of a political nature that are associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office, any political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or ballot proposal.
· Sites that are owned, managed or provide content for commercial, non-profit, religious, community, civic or other organizations that do not have a direct contractual relationship with the Town for the provision of goods and/or services.
· Sites containing any materials that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images, slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
Links may be made to the Town of Thurston Web site with the express written (email) permission of the Webmaster. Persons wishing to link to the Web site may contact the Webmaster for permission and linking procedures. When permission is received to link to the Web site, all hypertext links should be pointed to the homepage, townofthurstonny.org..
The information posted on the townofthurstonny.org website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Townofthurstonny.org provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the townofthurstonny.org site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website. The Town of Thurston does not:
· control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
· endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
· authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the owner of such copyrighted materials.
· be held responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
· guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (accessibility requirements).
The Town of Thurston welcomes your comments at townofthurstonny.org. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns; but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum. You may submit content to certain sections of our sites provided you do so in accordance with the Posting Guidelines below. However, you may not submit content if you are under the age of 13. By submitting content to any of our sites, you represent that you are age 13 or over. We do not discriminate against any views, but reserve the right to delete submissions that contain any of the following:
· Comments unrelated to the topic
· Solicitations or advertisements of any kind that are not officially sponsored or endorsed by the Town of Thurston
· Nudity or pornography
· Profanity or vulgar language
· Sexual overtone or innuendo
· Personal attacks, hostility, threats or violence against any person or group; libelous, harassing or abusive statements
· Attacks on ethnic, racial, gender or religious groups
· Posting someone else’s personal information such as home address or phone number without their written consent
· Spam including solicitations, advertisements, and or endorsements of any financial, commercial, non-profit, or political entity
· Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
· Repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users
· Posts by persons who are impersonating officials or using false identities
· Information harmful to children or of a nature to frighten children, either emotionally or physically
· Cruelty to animals
· Information affiliated with or promoting political campaigns
We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage resources, moderating and posting of comments should only be expected during regular business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
Please note that the user comments expressed on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of the Town of Thurston municipal government or its officers and employees. If you have questions concerning the operation of this or other online discussions, please contact the Web Master.
TownofThurstonNY.org has a wealth of multimedia content available for review. The posted media is copyrighted and owned by the Town of Thurston and may not be downloaded, copied, or linked to without the express written permission of the town. Any media displayed by or linked from townofthurstonny.org that was not created by the Town of Thurston has been used with permission from the copyright holder
The Town of Thurston maintains a presence on social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) in order to share government information and engage with the public; we do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information through those sites. We also do not use personal information made available by the user to these third-party sites.
The official language used for the content of the Town of Thurston’s Web site is English. A free translation service provided by Google® is available through the links provided that offer immediate translation of our Web pages using Google's software.
Computerized translations are only an approximation of the Web site's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language. The Town of Thurston does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or portable document formats (pdfs).
The Town of Thurston does not endorse the use of the Google® translation site; other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk.
The Town of Thurston makes available for your use on this Web site information and documents subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this document (the "Town of Thurston Web Site Policy"). By accessing this Site, you agree to the Town of Thurston Web Site Policy. The Town of Thurston reserves the right to change the Web Site Policy at its sole discretion. Your use of the Site will be subject to the most current version of the Web Site Policy posted on the Site at the time of such use. In addition, when using particular Services or Materials on this Site, you are subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such Services or Materials that contain terms and conditions in addition to those in the Web Site Policy. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Web Site Policy. You may use this Web site only if you agree to these terms:
1. You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this Web site by hacking, sending viruses, or any other similar malicious or careless conduct.
2. You agree that you will not utilize the communication methods found within the Web site for the communication of any material that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images, slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
3. You agree not to upload (or attempt to upload) content of any type to this Web site.
4. You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this Web site and that you have only a limited right to use this Web site.
5. You acknowledge that the Town does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this Web site.
6. You acknowledge that the Town is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this Web site.
7. You agree to grant the Town all intellectual property rights in the content of any e-mail that you send to the Town.
8. You acknowledge that the Town does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any web site content translated by third party systems.
If you do not AGREE to ALL of these terms, please log off of this Web site immediately.